Computing and data resources are critical to every accounting business. Efficient information management means a better-run business and higher client satisfaction. Unreliable computer systems make it hard to meet client requirements and respond promptly to queries, and furthermore, losing client data or leaking confidential information can be catastrophic. Ransomware can wipe out all your data or force you to pay criminals to get it back.
Even a small accounting office typically uses multiple computing devices (e.g. phones or tablets may be part of your network). Keeping it all working together can add up to a lot of work, especially for people who aren’t computer specialists. Hiring an I.T. staff isn’t realistic for a small to medium firm. A better alternative is to outsource I.T. operations to a managed service company, which can offer several benefits:
- Ability to focus on core tasks. With professionally managed I.T. operations, the business can focus more on client needs.
- A higher level of data safety and security. With ongoing backup and professional security practices, a firm is at less risk of losing data or suffering a breach. Managed services will keep security software and patches up to date. The result is greater safety against the latest attacks as well as hardware failure.
- Less downtime. Managed I.T. services prevent potential problems from turning into work-stopping failures. With 24-hour monitoring, problems are caught when they happen, not when you arrive in the morning.
- Greater efficiency. The service will identify inefficiencies in the network setup and suggest improvements.
Not all services are equal, though. It’s important to pick one that will deliver all these benefits reliably. What does an accounting office need to look for?
- A solid reputation and history. How long has the service been in business? Are its clients satisfied with it? Has it been involved in any litigation or Better Business Bureau complaints?
- Comprehensible, satisfactory pricing. Be sure to know what you’ll be paying and what you’ll get in return. Know what it will cost to change the terms if your needs change.
- Experience with the accounting industry. Every business has different needs, and a managed services provider should be familiar with software for your business needs.
- Reliable data storage facilities. Even if you use only on-site facilities, you need to have offsite backup to keep your data safe. Be sure that your service provider runs a well-maintained, physically secure data center or partners with one.
- Planning for the future. A good service will keep you informed of new technology that can help your business.
Do thorough research before choosing an outsourced service for your I.T.. The wrong provider will mean trouble, but a good one can help you keep your data systems reliable and secure. Without the need for constant attention to computer issues, you can run a more effective and profitable business.
Sterling Technology Solutions is the trusted choice when it comes to staying ahead of the latest information technology tips, tricks, and news. Contact us at (704) 271-5001 or firstname.lastname@example.org