Managed Services Provider seeking Tier II/III Technician/Engineer
Sterling Technology Solutions was established in 2003 to manage the IT for small to medium‐sized business in North and South Carolina, primarily in the Charlotte metro area. We are looking to fill a full-time position to manage clients on the helpdesk. The focus of this position will be to act as the primary technical point of contact for several of our customers. You will be supporting end-user IT requests both over the phone, by email, and from our ticketing system from a variety of different customers. A typical day will be working incoming tickets as well as project work when the need arises for the customer base.
Candidates must have the ability to clearly communicate technical issues in a manner that non‐technical people can understand. The ability to multitask and respond quickly to client requests is crucial for this position.
Working hours will typically be Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm. Some after-hours work will be required, but not frequent.
Primarily working from the Sterling Technology office in Charlotte, but onsite service at the client’s location will be required occasionally. Very little travel outside the Charlotte metro area.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience, preferably as IT/Managed Services technician or related work
- Strong communication skills. The ability to clearly communicate with our clients is just as important as technical skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows PC operating systems
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Terminal/RDP Servers, Application Servers
- Active Directory, DNS & Group Policy
- Virtualization: Hyper-V
- General Networking/Firewall Principles (SonicWall experience is a plus)
- Backup Systems (onsite & offsite)
- Virus protection & removal
- VM Ware familiarity
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems
- Some experience with Mac operating systems
- Experience with Dell computers & servers
- Veeam or StorageCraft backup software